1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text, image or software files that can be placed and/or read on your device when you access our website. The word “device”, when used in this Cookies Policy, refers notably to computers, smartphones, tablets and all other devices used for accessing the internet.
Cookies may be either:
(i) Session specific, meaning that they are deleted from your device once the session and browser are closed.
(ii) Or persistent meaning that they will remain on your device until they are removed.
2. What kind of information can be stored in a cookie ?
The information stored by cookies placed on your device may relate to the following elements, within the limit of their retention period:
- the web pages you have visited using this device.
- the advertisements you clicked on.
- the type of browser you are using.
- your IP address.
- and any other information you have provided on our website.
Cookies may contain personal data covered by our Data Protection Notice
3. What kind of cookies do we use and for what purpose ?
Cookies we use on this website are exclusively cookies which have the sole purpose of enabling or facilitating communication by electronic means or which are strictly necessary for the operation of the website.
For instance, cookies we use on this website can allow us to:
- Authenticate and identify you on our website to provide you with services that you have requested.
- Enhance the security of the website, including to prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from access by unauthorized parties (for example by limiting robotic or unexpected access attempts).
- Monitor your use of our website to improve them for example by optimizing its technical performance or ergonomics.
- Keep track of your preferences and settings in your use of our website (e.g., language, time zone etc.).